As part of my annual performance appraisal, I'm supposed to come up with 3 goals for the upcoming year.
Now, being the good little worker bet that I am, I came into the appraisal with 3 goals already roughly outlined and ready for her approval (or modification).
She took a look, smiled, then informed that I need a goal that revolved around "personal development."
Trick question? I figured all of my work goals needed to be work-related (is this so far-fetched an idea?).
We chatted for a bit, then I let it slip that I used to be (fairly) fluent in French while I was in college, and that I would love to reestablish that.
"Aha!" My boss said. "Then that should be your personal goal for the year."
You think she'll pay for me to buy Rosetta Stone? (Might be pushing it.)
Coolest goal ever. I'm excited! Ce n'est pas mal!
Ta.
savvy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment