75-degree days and 65-degree nights for a week straight have ushered in spring. Everything is starting to turn. The trees are still bare, but the grass is greening up and the sun feels warmer, closer, than it has in months.
Spring is here. HERE.
If you've been reading my incessant winter rants for the past month, you know how happy this makes me.
It's going to rain today.
A thunderstorm.
I'm fine with it.
April showers and May flowers and all that.
The clouds are rolling in, bringing the first thunderstorm of the season.

A pic I snapped of some amazing cirrus clouds at sunset this week.

Kensington, my little Gremlin, is experiencing her own bit of freedom with the spring weather. At 5.5 months, we're giving a go at leaving her out of her kennel for the day while we're at work. One of us pops home halfway through the day to let her out, which for the most part protects my hardwood floors from puppy accidents.
She's enjoying being able to lounge around the house with Chesney, look out the windows at the squirrels, etc. But yesterday, she got a bit bored.
She took her boredom out on a huge peace lily in the living room. I had a conniption fit when I got home. Maybe she's not quite ready for full-range of the house. Either way, we had a long come-to-Jesus talk (yell) about this. I think she puppy-promised not to do it again.
Hope everyone has a happy Easter and a fabulous weekend!
Ta.
savvy

1 comment:
Kensington's been naughty!
I love this post- I guess I never realized how the weather really affected me until I read this and identified with everything you said. It's so true!
Post a Comment