Friday, January 16, 2009

Of house remodeling and humidifiers...

Owning a house is much different than I expected.

Well, I expected to actually be able to live in it.

Our kitchen remodel turned into a nightmare when we discovered the floor sagged (to the point where the tile we initially laid starting popping up from the layer of thinset that holds it "firmly" in place). This meant lots of bracing (and re-bracing), LVL beams, cussing and throwing of objects from my boyfriend, and a dramatic slow down of general progress.

All the other rooms are done (thank God), we're just waiting on the kitchen. Which the bf is currently slaving away on (thank you baby).

Although I whine and complain about the fact that we're not yet moved in, make no mistake: I'm soooo happy we're not currently living in it. Me and messy construction zones don't mix. The OCD does not do well with chaos (or drywall dust).

We're thinking that this weekend will be the last "work weekend" before The Big Move. We already have our furniture in place in the master bedroom, and I've hauled over several small loads of miscellaneous stuff (i.e., garment racks for my dressing room, linens, cleaning supplies, etc.).

In other house-related news, we finally got a humidifier installed. And thank heavens. The house was so dry- we would be working, and by the end of the day your hands would be dry and cracked, your lips chapped, and the inside of your nose ready to bleed at the slightest sneeze. Ridiculous. All is now settled in the Dry Skin Department.

I wanted to post because I haven't since Christmas... And I miss writing. :( I'm giving much thought to crafting a few short stories soon. One of my New Year's Resolutions. More on those to come.

In meantime, it's back to the construction site... :)

Ta.
savvy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

House renovations, ick.
But way exciting once they're done! Good luck!