I'm weary of the cold. Of wearing SO MUCH clothing every day. Of being loaded down with countless items wherever I go- parka, wool scarf, cardi, mittens, boots. Of tracking gritty, grimy salt onto my hardwoods.
I'm weary of the cloud cover. Of the wind and the way it slices through. Bone-chilling cold is not just a metaphor; it's a reality.
Can you remember what mid-June feels like? The sun on your face? The way the clouds are white and puffy, like cottonballs, and so bright? How blue the sky looks- that special shade of near-turquoise that screams happiness? How about what 80 degrees feels like? What it feels like to be hot? To peel off layers to fend off breaking a sweat. To walk out of your house in a sundress and flip flops?

But spring is coming. It has to. All things end; winter will end.
Another hopeful sidenote: in relation to the interesting hypothetical posted here, a person in a position of misery-making for our heroine was recently... let go. To put it PC. And now there's a possibility most of the wrong can be made right.
Hope springs eternal.
Ta.
savvy

2 comments:
Ready for warm weather for sure. I'd take 55 degrees at this point and call it summer.
So happy things for our theoretical-heroine are looking up! Happy weekend. :)
Post a Comment