Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Ponderings on a Tuesday in late November...

I honestly don't want it to get cold(er). I'm a new fan of fall, the trip to London settling a nice cozy picture in my head of blustery cool wind weaving between fantastically tall buildings and down busy streets. But winter is a completely different thing. A thing I am not yet prepared to endure.

*

I miss London something crazy. I keep harping on it; keep mentioning it. I realize this. But it was such an amazing adventure, such a fabulous experience- I'm reminded of it every day. Very odd to have a little holiday like that alter your outlook, color your world, etc.

*

I'm trying to live a healthier, fuller, more conscious life. And it's hard. ;) More than anything, I've found that it takes thought. Deep, serious, down-to-business thought. When you live at the default, when you live a type of mindless, whatever, going-through-the-motions life- you just act. And you don't always act in a way that's best for you.

An example: I've been trying to eat healthy lately. Get all the vitamins my body needs, eat a variety of fruits and veggies, cut out trans fat and saturated fats, get more omega-3 and good fats, etc. All that takes an extreme amount of thought. Planning. Strategy, even. Just pulling through the Dollar Menu at McD's takes very little thought (except, "Wow, yum."). But I'll admit- everything in moderation. So every now and again I'll indulge in a little deep-fried satisfaction.

I think anything worth doing, feeling, experiencing takes some thought. My eat-better-be-healthier example is just one of many. It relates to everything- your relationships, your friendships, the mark you leave on the environment (and whether said mark is positive or negative), etc.

*

I'm obsessed with my cuticles. They're ridiculously dry- especially this time of year- and I have several pairs of nail clippers stashed (in my purse, on my vanity, in my desk, in my car) to combat hangnails and dried skin. I covet that gorgeous, clean, manicured look at those posh celebs (Posh!) sport, but just don't have cuticles for it. Yet. Am fighting the dryness with L'Occitane's infamous hand cream. Will see how it goes...

*

I'm wearing my dark brown super tall Michael Kors McGraw boots today. Love, love, love them. But I can't walk anywhere quietly- even the carpeted hallways of the office. I sound like a Clydesdale. Oh well- fashion is supposed to be loud, no? :)

*

This is genius. And socially aware. I'm Not A Plastic Bag-esque (only bigger and more earth-conscious).

*

Pension plans, 401K plans, investment opportunities and benefit packages are wholly confusing to me. Especially when they are being explained by incompetent, half-witted morons in my HR department. ;)

*

I'm in love with the new Prada fragrance: Infusion d'Iris. Soooo fabulous.

*

That'll do.
Pour maintenant.

Ta.
savvy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all, I love fashionista, too! They're hilarious- and know what they're talking about, always.

I know what it's like to miss a place you just visited- my family and I cruised the Caribbean this summer and I still miss it!

Good luck with living a healthier life! I think it's so cool that not only are you trying to live healthier for your body, but for your mind and your spirit, too. Way cool.

Bye lovely!