Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thursday musings...

...I have finally whittled down the massive To-Do list that's been hanging over my head for the past few weeks.

...I'm beyond excited for my August vacay to Mexico. Cannot wait, actually. Since London last summer, I've decided that a yearly vacation is mandatory. Travel forces growth, nutures the spirit and expands the mind. Did Ghandi say that or did I just make it up? Either/or. It's true.

...I'm quite intrigued by the concept of Twitter. It's like drive-by-blogging. It's like Facebook- but without the wall, the profile or the photos, just Facebook Status. It also seems very self-absorbed (why does anyone care excactly what you're doing minute-to-minute?), and yet... I'm sure it's just a bare bones version of blogs. And Facebook. And Myspace. Does it fulfill this need to see your face/name on the Web? Along with the faces/name of others? Makes you feel "in"... Included? In the know? In the In Crowd? I hate to judge- because I have a blog. And it's not all that worldly or important in the grand scheme of things. It's quite self-absorbed. It's me, writing about me, my life, my thoughts and what I like. But at least it's a bit more fleshed out than: "Ashley is at the grocery store buying milk and cheese." You know?

...If there is one thing a girl needs in life, it's a solid tailor. Now, years ago I knew nothing of this. But after toning up (and after Stacy London hammered the importance of tailoring into my head) baggy, poufy or slouchy items in my wardrobe were a source of annoyance. So off to the tailor I went. Initially, I just wanted to re-fit everything that was now too big. But then I saw the real potential- I could have a custom wardrobe. Anything I bought in the store could be altered to fit my body exactly the way I wanted it. No more standing in front of the mirror at Nordstrom and saying, "You know, I really like this- but it would be perfect if it would fit tighter there and be a bit looser there..." It's brilliant. Find yourself an affordable tailor (I easily found one in my small-ish hometown; I can get a top altered for $6 and a pair of trousers taken in for $13) and start customizing your clothing.

...And now:

1. What were you doing ten years ago?
Ten years ago... I was 13. As was the custom every summer, I was camping in the Ozarks with my family. Boating, tubing, skiing, playing in the water, grilling over an open campfire, exploring the beaches on the lake...

2. What are five things on your to-do list today?
1- Write an article on food allergies before I leave the office.
2- Workout. An hour of cardio required.
3- Shower.
4- Laundry. Ick.
5- Watch Life on the D List at 8:00, followed by Fear Itself at 9:00.

3. Snacks you enjoy?
Fuji apples, cantaloupe, strawberries, peaches, pineapple (can you tell I'm a fruit lover?), baby carrots, South Beach Diet High Protein bars, nonfat yogurt and homemade smoothies (mix nonfat yogurt with some frozen fruit, ice and a little Splenda- heaven).

4. Places you’ve lived:
Fremont, California.
Stanley, KS.
Belton, MO.
Lawrence, KS.

5. What are 5 things you would do if you were a billionaire?
1- Buy a flat in London, a villa on Lake Como and a house in Greece.
2- Spend most of my time traveling the world.
3- Spend the rest of my time writing novels in said homes in LDN, Italy and Greece.
4- Shop like a mad woman and cultivate the most amazing closet the world has ever seen.
5- Take care of my friends and fam.

6. People you want to know more about?
Voltaire... Michael Kors... Barack Obama... The Italian soccer players I met in LDN... Michael Crichton... The list goes on.

...That's enough for one afternoon.

Ta.
savvy

No comments: