This is me, after a long and relaaaaaaxing weekend.
Spent Friday sleeping lazily through my morning, followed by a trip the grocery store (to pick up provisions for my bestie's annual 4th of July bbq), then caught some rays on my deck and finally made an appearance at previously mentioned barbeque. Drinks (guava rum with peach and key lime sparking water, if you're curious), burgers and sparkler bombs- courtesy of the boys, who decided to queue up and fashion some of the blasted things. Enjoyed several neighborhood fireworks shows sitting poolside in the bestie's backyard, the cool breeze on my face and the smell of sulfur in the air.
Saturday... More sleeping-until-noon. I'm telling you, I sleep in like it's my job. ;) Did dinner with the boy (yummy coconut-curry chicken wraps, sooo good) and shopped a bit.
Hit the gym early Sunday. Felt great afterwards (am sore today, ha). Lounged poolside alllllll afternoon. Finished a book (a James Patterson novel). Showered, vacuumed my room, gave myself a quick mani/pedi, did dinner with the fam, then met up with the boy to run some errands.
All in all, a very satisfying weekend. Am refreshed.
And did I tell you? I'm (officially) going to Mexico! Our resort:

In beautiful Cancun. I'm so excited. I plan on relaxing on the beach (drink in hand) the entire week. Full-on luxurious laziness. Cannot. Wait.
Have a great week, lovelies.
Ta.
savvy

3 comments:
Cancun! I'm jealous! That photo is gorgeous! You're not going to want to leave.
Cancun is beautiful. People think of it as the place to rock out Spring Break (and therefore maybe a bit dirty), but it's actually fairly quiet out of the Hotel Zone and absolutely gorgeous. You'll love it.
Sounds like your 4th was fab. Ah! Laying by the pool! Wish I could do this!
And I'm so snagging your guava cocktail recipe... :)
I'm a Cabo man, myself.
Never been to the Caribbean side... Need to. That pic looks awesome.
Post a Comment