Monday, November 9, 2009

November spirits...

I'm always really ambivalent about November. As a rule.

It's usually super cold, rainy with the occasional snowstorm, cloudy, blustery-in-a-bad-chill-you-to-the-bone way, and not nearly as pretty as October.

But, for some reason, the first few days of November have been kind. A few 70 degree days, lots of sunshine streaming through the changing leaves.

Basketball season is underfoot; I've forgotten how much fun Allen Fieldhouse is in the fall. The excitement of the season to come, the possibilities and the tradition hanging in the air...

I'm oddly excited for Thanksgiving. Usually, it's a so-so holiday where the most eventful thing that happens is a slice of pumpkin pie. This year, I'm excited to make cranberry sauce from scratch- my personal contribution to the feast. The couple days off work helps, too.

Work is... Busy. And complicated right now. Lots to do, lots of other people's mistakes to fix, lots of frustrations... But, these things all mean job security. All I can ask for, truly.

Ta.
savvy

1 comment:

jen said...

Basketball is going to be amazing this year (for you, miss Jayhawk)!