Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Of inspiration on a chilly Friday morning...

I find that I'm inspired to write most when I feel overwhelmed by something.

Not just when I'm overwhelmed in the stereotypical sense... Like, "Life is so hard, I don't know what to do, I'm so lost, Jesus take the wheel" kinda way.

Inspiration comes with different variations of overwhelmed: overlwhelmed with love, nature (this happens often; I'm completely awestruck on a regular basis by how beautiful spring is, how white the snow is, how blue the sky is, etc., etc.), organization (and the drive to be so), and the desire to document feelings and thoughts and word-snapshots of my life.

I've had this inkling to do some different things with this space. Call it a bit of a belated blog-relevant New Year resolution.

For this, my inspiration comes from two blogs I have recently fallen in love with, written by two fabulous women.

Emily at Cupcakes and Cashmere
Karen at Where Did U Get That

I've been sifting through old posts, catching myself up, and reveling in the fashion, the language (Karen's a Brit; instant girl-crush), and the sort of easy, fluid way both communicate their message (be it related to fashion, life, cooking, shopping or otherwise). Brilliant.

Go visit them; take a peek around. In the meantime, I'm off to reinvent.

Ta.
savvy

1 comment:

jen said...

I wish I could pull off dressing the way Karen does at WDUGT!

Thanks for the blog rec's!