Thursday, October 4, 2007

Of mindlessness, creating personal uniforms and Serena worship...

Britney.

Someone needs to take a sledgehammer to her head, because homegirl is as dense as they come.



"For serious, y'all, I don't know why y'all just don't leave me be! Haven't you heard of a grown-ass woman taking CONTROL of her life and starting over! And THAT'S what I'm doin', y'all, STARTIN' OVER. Without those kids- because GAWD they were demandin'! Love me, change me, FEED ME- good GAWD, y'all, it was just too much. I'm tryin' to make a comeback here, for cryin' out loud!"

It's absolutely undeniable that the poptart-turned-Popeye's-chicken is on so many drugs she can barely function (if that's what you want to call her current state).

Keep.
Those.
Babies.
Away.
From.
Her.

For serious.

She needs rehab, her momma, GOOD FRIENDS, a family, a non-Hollywood home, Jesus, Allah, Buddha, and whoever else is still willing at this point.

Moving on.

I read on fashionista the other day about how it's completely okay to wear and re-wear pieces of your wardrobe over and over (and over and over...) again. How not to worry about "always being seen in it" or "wearing it too much" because if you learn to accessorize it differently, it can become a bit of a signature.

This got me thinking.

Now, I love fashionista, so I'm a bit biased- but I think they're full on correct about this.

You ever have that go-to dress that you always seem to end up wearing when you have a big event? And you're quietly hating yourself (even though you know you look fabulous) because you know there's already a million photos of you in this dress? "Oh my God, doesn't she have ANYTHING else to wear?" Is what you picture everyone collectively thinking.

Let that go.

Work that dress every way you can- with a cardigan, with boots, with a belt, with a lightweight turtleneck underneath, with a leather jacket thrown over the top, with a sheer printed scarf, with different pieces of jewelry and different handbags. Rock it out, slum it down, glam it up- whatever. Make it one of your style signatures.

I've come to realize that I do this a bit.
I have pieces that I just can't retire, even for a little while. Regardless of event or season, I have pieces that will always be in heavy rotation.

And so should you.
So find 'em, love 'em, flaunt 'em.

Okay, so it goes without saying that I'm completely in love with Gossip Girl. If you haven't caught it yet- go find it now. It's a must- if only for the wardrobe of the fabulous Serena Van der Woodson (what a name, eh?). It's this preppy-girl-chic-city-fabulous, with bits of trendy over-the-knee gray suede boots and amazing head scarves pinned amongst long, loose blond curls. Love, love, love.



So.
Damn.
Fabulous.

That being said, have a wonderful weekend (y'all).

Ta.
savvy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...
i love it!
your writing is so entertaining! :)

keep up the good work doll.

Anonymous said...

just found your blog- wanted to send some love because it's fabulous!
i love serena too- if i only had her closet!
take care!