Very in-your-face, cheek-stinging, make your nose run winter.
An ice storm hit the Midwest yesterday- which made for some very fun driving. (Sarcasm.) My office closed the building- hooray for Grown Up Snow Days! ;) Nothing like getting paid to sleep in and spend the day in your pj's.
But, even paid-days-off can't make up for the fact that it's severely cold. And windy. And everything is either dead or covered in ice. And no matter how many layers I bundle myself in, I can't seem to really keep warm. And all my open-toed and strappy shoes are way too flimsy and spring-ish to wear right now (even with opaque tights).
So, in light of all this frigidity, I've decided that flitting off to Greece for the holiday would be much better than a white Christmas. Imagine it- stretched out on a wooden lounge chair on a roof terrace in Santorini, your arms tucked behind your head as you gaze out at the bright blue Mediterranean. The late afternoon sunshine glints and skips off the surface of the water, sending sparkles against the rocky cliffs of the island...


Ah, that'd be just about perfect.
*
Honestly, how many Frappuccinos can one person drink before her heart explodes in her chest?!

Really.
It has passed the very limits of ridiculous.
Does anyone even remember the 2000 VMA's Oops I Did It Again Britney? In a sparkly nude body-hugging outfit and amazing extensions (yes, they were once part of her repertoire)? Anyone?
Go away.
Get help.
Quit.
Courting.
Attention.
For those of you that believe her rubbish line that she's "constantly hounded by the media" and that she's "scared of the paparazzi", you should wake up and smell the Cheetos. Britney calls the paps ahead of time and tells them where she's going. It's all an act; it's all a set-up.
Speaking of bitches... Jessica Alba is pregnant?! Shock. Honest-to-goodness shock. Did NOT see that one coming.

(And yes, Alba's a cow. She's horrible to her staff, and she's an absolute diva terror on set. She's gone as far as to flag down a random staffer while she sat in a chair between takes, motioned for him to come over, and then said, "You can take off my boots now." Tramp. Take off your own boots.)
Now, Jessica's beautiful- there's no questioning that, she's stunning- so no doubt her baby will be gorgeous.
But...
Does anyone remember her break up a few months ago (ish) with Cash (the newly-anointed father-to-be)? Rumors swirled Alba dropped him via Blackberry, had his stuff removed from their home, and basically washed her hands of him. Then... A few short weeks later, they were photographed together again, cuddling and nuzzling at some LA eatery. Miracle reconciliation? All problems solved? Or Jessica found out she was pregnant and took him back to save public face? Hm...
It's hard to tell, considering she's not yet showing. But, she's a very tiny girl, and it often takes longer in one's first pregnancy before the bump appears. Remember Ms. Richie? Took her months and months to develop the bump. I'm just saying...
*
Without revealing too much, without delving too deep- it should be noted that I believe in fate. I believe that everything happens for a reason. I believe that we are all guided by a higher power in some way, shape or form.
This has become a strong mantra of mine over the past year or so. Being one who likes to be in control, it was difficult for me to consent defeat that I just don't have all the answers, and that things will work themselves out in their own time.
Lately, I've struggled with this again. I have this odd hunch, this sense of fate, this weird connection with someone. And I can't quite shake it, nor do I pretend that I want to. But it's clear that our lives on currently on very different tracks that take us to very different places. Rationally, I realize that the likelihood of us making anything work is slim. Nearly impossible. But... The hunch lingers.
Little hints, little whispers of meant-to-be, little inklings.
I'm not sure what to make of them, or if I should make anything of them at all.
But...
(I keep saying that. And I'll keep saying it, because it's my intuition interrupting my rationale.)
I don't want to dwell on it, or be hurt when something else develops for him that is obviously what he wants...
But...
I guess I'll keep allowing the interruptions, and where life takes me is just fine...
*
Have a nice weekend, darlings.
Ta.
savvy

3 comments:
I couldn't BELIEVE IT when I heard Jessica Alba was pregnant! Who is her boyfriend, anyway?
I hate winter.
Up here in MN, it's downright brutal.
Santorini looks beautiful- I wanna go!
And it's so annoying that Britney complains about the constant paparazzi attention (even in her song, Piece of Me), but then calls them every 5 minutes for photo ops! Pathetic!
I've always liked Jessica Alba- I think she's beautiful, and she seems really nice. I guess she isn't? Is she really that much of a diva? That sucks!
Have a good weekend!
Take care!
The Abla Bitch (Lainey's words) is knocked up!
I'm still laughing!
;)
Post a Comment