You have no idea how amazing LDN is. (Unless, of course, you've been there.)
I stayed in Kensington, where the buildings are stately and elegant, trimmed with wrought iron fencing and shining marble stoops. The air smells of fresh laundry all the time (brilliantly refreshing). Baskets of brightly-colored flowers hang from Victorian-style lamp posts. I can't relate how completely at home I felt after a few days... It was as if I'd been there before, or all my life.
London itself is a delightfully twisty, always-on-the-go, swanky city with a too-cool-for-school vibe. Londoners are cool, composed, even. They're polished, but it's not in your face.
I shopped Soho (Regent Street, how I love you...), partied in Mayfair, Fulham and Holland Park (blagclub, where I'm a member), caught a play in the West End (saw OB's play, had a little EC, met him afterwards and snagged a little exchange), and took one of those sickeningly touristy bus tours (which are totally essential if you want to literlly see everything).
I fell in love with all of it, but most of all Pret A Manger (a high end takeaway sandwich shop which serves the freshest, most amazing food for around £5), the breathtaking architecture, and the flood of crazy Italian-born soccer (football?) playing boys living (and loving) in London.
A few pictures from the journey:

The neighborhood.

Shopping Regent Street in the early evening.

The view from my tiny (but fabulous) hotel room.

The southern freize of the Parthenon. Pretty much my Holy Grail.

Hello, darling. Fancy meeting you here.
Ta.
savvy

1 comment:
Ooooh my Goddddd.
Orlando Bloom?
You lucky lady!
Post a Comment