Today is all about trying to get centered.
I'm still a little off-kilter after my weeklong stint across the pond, with lots of to-do's to be accomplished and people to see.
My state of imbalance is also due in part to the fact that right now (if this were any other semester prior to fall of 2007), I would be sitting in a classroom on The Hill at KU, diligently taking notes and studying French flash cards. But, due to my recently-acquired alumna status, that undergraduate life no longer applies. I'm now at my desk, in my stilettos, typing away at this (and other editorial projects with looming deadlines) and feeling a little nostalgically idle.
My list of things to be done includes phone calls and drinks with friends, photos from LDN to be printed, fall shopping must-haves to be bought (somehow using my dwindling bank account), life to be organized (compartmentalized, streamlined, etc.), and (always) laundry.
What's more, I'm currently craving some kind of academic activity. (I complained and stressed over my immense courseload in college, and now that I'm free I'm actually missing it). I made a trip to Barnes & Noble last night and picked up some do-it-yourself French lessons and a new French dictionary. I've got this yearning to really improve my French; somehow filling in the gap left by obtaining a diploma.
Switching topics, jumping trains...
Can someone (anyone) tell me why Britney Spears continues on this devestatingly tragic (and yet often hilarious) trek down the Road of Shame? I can't quite put my finger on just how she ended up where she is, but I'm guessing it has something to do with being utterly stupid and insensible and almost totally devoid of good taste. But that's just me.
I'm just so disgusted (and yet, fascinated) with young Hollywood lately. All the drugs, irresponsibility, reckless idiocy, fame-whoring and scandal is both driving me nuts and jading me as to what could possibly come next. When your breakfast consists of hoovering through a mountain of coke and stumbling onto the street for some posed paparazzi shots, how much worse could it get?
On a lighter (but just as dangerous) note, I ordered my Dior sunglasses this weekend. Hooray for huge, oversized, Jackie-O Glossy's! Not only those, but a stealthy, sexy pair of Overshine's. Trop d'argent! (Too much money.) But, my trigger-happy clicker finger could not resist adding them both to my online cart. I needed them, somehow. A girl can never have too much of the following:
1) Sunglasses
2) Underwear
3) Handbags
4) White clothing (tees, tanks, skirts, dresses- so versatile, so clean)
5) LBDs (little black dresses)
6) Makeup
7) Pictures of her and the people that make her happy
Vindication.
I'm also considering this 5-Factor Diet/Fitness/Life plan from Harley Pasternak. (He sculps and shapes Jessica Simpson, Eva Mendes, Orlando Bloom- hiiiiiii-, etc.) A friend and I are thinking about trying it- supposedly 25 minutes a day, 5 days a week. 5 small but yum-packed and surprisingly filling meals a day, normal food, no pre-packaged bullshit. I'm on this I-need-to-live-healthier kick now that I'm not hiking around campus daily and eating fresh fruit and veggies from the Merc (rather, I sit stagnant at my desk all day and rarely eat what I should).
Another question- why do radio stations insist on playing songs to death? Seriously.
My cuticles are a mess. Hangnails galore. Not cute. Am working on it.
Currently missing:

The gorgeous flats in Mayfair.
Now, back to your regularly scheduled Monday.

Cheers.
savvy

1 comment:
"Crack is whack."
-Whitney
Stupid starlets who can't keep their shit together... I totally agree.
Post a Comment