Not functioning well today.
I was up with the bloody sun (which is not a practice I particularly enjoy) and off to work. This, of course, ensures that I can leave early enough to complete the following list:
*Run to the bank
*Get my hair touched-up and trimmed
*Buy a wedding present for a friend (whose wedding is tomorrow night; way to wait until the last minute, non?)
*Scavenge the city for a few random essentials for my trip, including peach-colored lip liner (which I hear works wonders for perking up tired eyes after a long flight), Febreze, Zip-loc bags, and Benefit Bad Gal Blue mascara (I realize blue mascara is "very Eiiiiiighties" in the words of Victoria Beckham, but I understand it brightens and whitens the color and white of your eyes, respectively.)
*Get a spray tan (very light, just to normal-ize my skin tone, which currently suffers in pigment from a lack of poolside time)
I'm plodding through by downing endless cups of coffee (siiiick, but tolerable with enough cream and sugar) and tea (a much better option, I think). Went to the bathroom 20 minutes ago and almost fell asleep on the toilet- does that tell you anything?
That I'm clearly not a morning person.
Night owl by design.
In other news, I'm pining for the college life. My (former) school starts the 16th, and all my non-alum friends are busy shopping Mass Street and hitting the bars before the bookworminess begins. So very jealous.
Then again, they're all green-eyed over my Kensington musings and soon-to-be-acheived jet-setter status.
The grass is always greener, non?
Speaking of jet-setting, I need ideas for my 8 hour endeavor-of-a-plane ride. Thus far, I'm thinking:
*read (2 issues of Glamour, 1 issue of Cosmo, and a copy of Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat Pray Love)
*journal (writer, hello)
*sip wine, pop some sleeping pills, and crash (to hopefully avoid the infamous Jet Lag)
Anyone have any other ideas? Would be happy to hear them.
Currently lusting after the following:
*dvb sunglasses (Victoria is an icon, n'est-ce pas?)
*YSL Muse tote
*Balenciaga first motorcyle bag (if I find one in a bright emerald a la Katie Holmes, it's MINE)
*snappy, slightly edgy Soho kids and their sleek fashion sense
*an indulgent Hen House salad loaded with yummies like sunflower seeds and goat cheese
*the Lexus IS250 (the GT is on her final legs... Do I dare?)
*Orlando Bloom (considering I'll be sitting fourth-row-center at his play next week in the West End, I think that's a given, non?)
*NARS The Multiple in Maldives
And that, my darlings, is enough for one day.
Cheers.
savvy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment